Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church
The History of Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church
The first service held in Oroville was conducted by Rev. C. Halboth
on the evening of May 7, 1933.
There were nine people present. Between 1933 and 1936 services
were held twice monthly, in the evening.
During this period, services were held in homes, other churches or l
ocal businesses, including the YMCA.
In November 29, 1936, Rev. Oswald Mieger was asked by the
mission board to work in a wide area,
On August 28, 1939 Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church was
organized and a constitution was drawn.
Reverend Mieger served until 1941. In 1941 to 1942,
Reverend Martin Paul was Calvary's pastor.
In 1942 until 1944, Reverend Paul G. Stelter Served as pastor.
In the years between 1944 and 1
952 there was no resident pastor and Reverend Edwin Guebert
was listed as a pastor.
In 1952, Reverend Albert R. Kurtz, Jr. served as pastor until 1955.